Pauta del Primer Día de Mes

El espacio de los traders quant: sistemas de trading, gestión monetaria, automatización de sistemas.
X-Trader
Administrador
Contactar:

Pauta del Primer Día de Mes

Mensaje por X-Trader »

Tanta historia con la pauta esta que popularizó Cárpatos y resulta que es bastante antigua. James Altucher, que estuvo trabajando con el mítico Victor Niederhoffer durante un año en 2003, lo explica muy bien aquí:

http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2010/02/10 ... derhoffer/

En concreto en este párrafo:
The First Day of the Month. It’s probably the most important trading day of the month, as inflows come in from 401(k) plans, 1RAs, etc. and mutual fund have to go out there and put this new money into stocks. Over the past 16 years, buying the close on SPY (the S&P 500 ETF) on the last day of the month and selling one day later would result in a successful trade 63% of the time with an average return of 0.37% (as opposed to 0.03% and a 50%-50% success rate if you buy any random day during this period). Various conditions take place that improve this result significantly. For instance, one time I was visiting Victor’s office on the first day of a month and one of his traders showed me a system and said, “If you show this to anyone we will have to kill you.” Basically, the system was: If the last half of the last day of the month was negative and the first half of the first day of the month was negative, buy at 11 a.m. and hold for the rest of the day. “This is an ATM machine” the trader told me. I leave it to the reader to test this system.
Fijaos sobre todo en la frase subrayada :lol: :roll:

Si es que está todo inventado...

Saludos,
X-Trader
"Los sistemas de trading pueden funcionar en ciertas condiciones de mercado todo el tiempo, en todas las condiciones de mercado en algún momento del tiempo, pero nunca en todas las condiciones de mercado todo el tiempo."
Responder

Volver a “Sistemas de Trading”