Entrevista Steve Cohen

Aquí puedes compartir artículos sobre trading que te hayan parecido interesantes con el resto de usuarios.
Responder
h4x0r

Entrevista Steve Cohen

Mensaje por h4x0r »

Aquí les dejo una entrevista a Steve Cohen que me pareció muy interesante. Tiene un tiempo pero merece la pena leerla al completo.

http://www.businessinsider.com/intervie ... hen-2011-3

Cito alguna de las cosas que más me gustaron:

It was an evolutionary process. Most traders want to trade everything. One minute they are trading Yahoo, the next Exxon. They're traders! My place operates very differently. I want my traders to be highly focused. I want them to know a lot about something, instead of a little about everything.

You better be able to do that. This is not a perfect game. I compile statistics on my traders. My best trader makes money only 63 percent or the time. Most traders make money only in the 50 to 55 percent range. That means you're going to he wrong a lot. If that's the case, you better make sure your losses are as small as they can be, and that your winners are bigger.

It a stock is moving against me, I'm probably buying in some every day.Even if there's no change in the fundamentals? Oh sure. I always tell my traders, "If you think you're wrong, or if the market is moving against you and you don't know why, take in half. You can always put it on again." If you do that twice, you've taken in threequarters of your position. Then what's left is no longer a big deal. The thing is to start moving your feet. I find that too many traders just stand there and let the truck roll over them.

A common mistake traders make in shorting is that they take on too big of a position relative to their portfolio. Then when the stock moves against them, the pain becomes too great to handle, and they end up panicking or freezing.

You have to know what you are, and not try to be what you're not. If you are a day trader, daytrade. If you are an investor, then be an investor.

I'm looking for people who are not afraid to take risks. One of the questions I ask is: "Tell me some of the riskiest things you've ever done in your life." I want guys who have the confidence to be out there; to be risk takers.
h4x0r

Re: Entrevista Steve Cohen

Mensaje por h4x0r »

Para el que no sepa quien es Steve Cohen
http://www.forbes.com/profile/steve-cohen/

Para mi el mejor/uno de los mejores traders que ha pisado este mundo.
Recomiendo buscar más entrevistas de él en Google porque muestra desde dentro como son los traders profesionales.
No desperdicien con su no-lectura tan valorado conocimiento.

Saludos.
X-Trader
Administrador
Contactar:

Re: Entrevista Steve Cohen

Mensaje por X-Trader »

Gracias por compartir h4x0r, curiosamente es un extracto del clásico Market Wizards de Jack Schwager que tienen enlazado desde el propio artículo y que podéis descargar desde http://www.forexfactory.com/attachment. ... 1293584941

Saludos,
X-Trader
"Los sistemas de trading pueden funcionar en ciertas condiciones de mercado todo el tiempo, en todas las condiciones de mercado en algún momento del tiempo, pero nunca en todas las condiciones de mercado todo el tiempo."
Si te ha gustado este hilo del Foro, ¡compártelo en redes!

Responder

Volver a “Artículos Interesantes”