Gestión de Capital con Opciones

El foro de los productos derivados
SharkOpciones
Contactar:

Re: Gestión de Capital con Opciones

Mensaje por SharkOpciones »

Gracias Man Apart.

Ahora mismo cómo las estás usando?? tienes alguna operativa en particular??

Saludos.
"The money is made in the sitting and the waiting, not the trading" - Jesse Livermore

http://www.sharkopciones.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Man Apart

Mensaje por Man Apart »

Solo estoy practicando. Diversas modalidades.
Pero una de las aplicaciones prácticas que quiero acometer es la cobertura con futuros,que es lo que opero en la actualidad. Entiendo que no difiere sustancialmente de que sean acciones o futuros
Do not believe the naysayers who say it cannot be done
It can be done !
SharkOpciones
Contactar:

Mensaje por SharkOpciones »

Entiendo. Yo no opero con futuros, pero la aplicación es la misma.
De hecho, ese comentario lo vimos hace poco... el usar Futuros sintéticos como cobertura contra futuros. Una posición sintetica se hace con opciones. Por ejemplo, comprando una opción Call y vendiendo una Put tendriamos una posición larga de futuros (Synthetic Long Future), que se usaría como cobertura contra un Futuro corto.

Yo soy más de presente ;)
"The money is made in the sitting and the waiting, not the trading" - Jesse Livermore

http://www.sharkopciones.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
eslanek

Mensaje por eslanek »

Muy buen aporte y un articulo perfecto, claras explicaciones, imágenes y ejemplos,¡¡ que mas se puede pedir!!. Ya he utilizado alguna que otra vez opciones para cubrir posiciones, pero tu articulo aporta una forma de gestión limpia y muy interesante.

Gracias!!
kaltrax

Mensaje por kaltrax »

Hola:

Me gustaría añadir a este interesante artículo otra variante, vender opciones de futuros (americanos)

Me refiero dentro de las commodities (Wheat, Corn, Soybean, Café, Cacao, Azucar, ademas Crude Oil, Natural Gas, S&P, Eurodollar). Por citar las mas interesantes y liquidas.

La gran ventaja es que puedes vender Puts y Calls muy lejos del dinero (Out of money) y conseguir
interesantes premiums (entre 300 y 700 $ por opcion).

Todo ello lo podeis investigar en un libro muy interesante que recomiendo por su sencillez y efectividad.

visitar esta web (en ingles) http://www.OptionSellers.com

En mi modesta opinion es mas facil conseguir retornos muy interesantes con muy poco stress.

Good Trading.

slait73

Mensaje por slait73 »

Hola kaltrax,

¿podrias pasarme el libro? El tema me interesa mucho.

Muchas gracias
kaltrax

Mensaje por kaltrax »

Hola slait73:

Lamentablemente no es un e-book, pero puedes subscribirte a sus boletines mensuales donde explican estrategias para vender opciones y es gratuito.

Aqui te dejo una pequeña muestra, para que cojas el "hilo".

Good Trading

OPTION SELLER EMAIL SEMINAR

Picking the Right Option to Sell

By James Cordier, Liberty Trading Group

When you are initially learning to sell options, especially as it applies to commodities, one of the first questions that probably enters your mind is "How do I know the best option to sell?".

There are no hard and fast rules. In reality, there probably isn't any one "best" option to sell. If it expires before hitting your risk parameter, you sold the right option.

However, you don't just want to pick an option that is going to expire worthless. Ideally, you want to pick options that not only expire worthless, but quietly decay to zero - preferably well before expiration. Some options that expire worthless can also have "interesting" swings in value prior to expiration. While these can ultimately provide profits, they don't work so well for the investor's state of mind! Your objective is to select the former, avoid the latter.

Therefore, while there are no rules for selecting the "best" options to write for your commodities portfolio, there are some general guidelines that may help you. Before the option geniuses out there write in to argue with me, let me preface these suggestions. These are not "rules." These are recommendations based on my 20+ years of experience as to what makes money consistently, and what doesn't. There are many ways to trade options. The suggestions below are what I have found to produce most consistently in the portfolios I manage.

Three Guidelines for Successfully Selling Commodity Options Consistently

1. Know your Fundamentals. Unlike equities, commodities are almost always dependant on their physical supply/demand fundamentals for their ultimate price direction. While institutional money or public sentiment can still play a role in commodities in the short term, a massive list of commercial players are buying and selling the futures contracts to hedge actual usage or production of the commodity. These commercial traders are keenly aware of the actual supply and demand for these products. You should be too. It can give you a fairly clear idea of where prices will not go and provide you with an advantage over the average commodity investor. Combining this knowledge with a high percentage strategy such as option selling can be a potent combination.

2. Sell Deep out of the Money. Select markets where premium is available 50-100% out of the money. Rarely possible in stocks. Quite feasible in commodities. This forces the market to make an extreme move against your position to put the option in the money. It also allows you to manage your risk based on the option value - not on the price of the underlying or it's proximity to your strike.

Going

Going Deep: With September Coffee trading near $1.40 per pound in May, Selling September 270 calls was a good example of going deep out of the money (nearly 100%).

3. Trade Time for Distance: Many books and courses that address selling options will advise selling options within 30 days of expiration to gain the fastest time decay. While this may make sense for option sellers collecting premium on open stock positions, I couldn't disagree more when it comes to pure premium collection in commodities. Getting any significant premium with this little time means selling close to the money - too close for a person that enjoys their sleep as much as I do. Close to the money strikes may decay quickly if you are right the market. But even a temporary fluctuation can put your option in the money. Guessing short term market direction is exactly what we are trying to avoid by selling options. Be willing to sell options with more time (3-5 months) and much further out of the money. If you fundamental synopsis is even close to being right, these trades should work well for you.

Of course, selecting the right strategy, managing risk and structuring your portfolio are all important too. But selecting the right options to sell is where you start. Getting that part right makes the rest of managing a portfolio quite a bit easier.

James Cordier is the founder of Liberty Trading Group/OptionSellers.com, an investment firm specializing in exclusively in selling options. James' market comments are published by several international financial publications and worldwide news services including The Wall Street Journal, Reuters World News, Bloomberg Television News and CNBC. Michael Gross is an analyst with Liberty Trading Group/OptionSellers.com. Mr. Cordier's and Mr. Gross' book, The Complete Guide to Option Selling(McGraw-Hill 2005) is available at bookstores and online retailers now.

Complete Guide to Option Selling
(McGraw-Hill 2005)
by James Cordier and Michael Gross
(More Info)

Liberty Trading Group
401 East Jackson Street
Suite 2340
Tampa, FL 33602
800-346-1949
http://www.OptionSellers.com
Si te ha gustado este hilo del Foro, ¡compártelo en redes!

Responder

Volver a “Futuros y Opciones”